Skip navigation links
Ground Water
Surface Water
Data & Maps
Documents & Forms
Division Offices
Skip navigation links
Gravel Pit 
DWR > Ground Water > Well Permitting > Gravel Pit

If a gravel pit exposes groundwater to evaporation, you must complete the Gravel Pit Well Permit Application form (GWS-27).  Often, a gravel pit will also be required to file a Substitute Water Supply Plan.  For details, please see General Guidelines for Substitute Water Supply Plans for Sand and Gravel Pits.  Gravel pits located within a Designated Basin require a Replacement Plan (GWS-69), rather than a Substitute Water Supply Plan.

A report showing all active Sand and Gravel Pit SWSPs approved pursuant to 37-90-137(11) is available through Colorado Information Marketplace.